One of the most beneficial ways to help the bunny and guinea pig community is to become a foster parent volunteer.
Foster Parent Process:
- You must be over the age of 18 years in order to be a foster parent.
- Ensure you have enough space and time to dedicate to being a foster parent. Bunnies need 15-20sq feet and time to free roam. Guinea pigs need 8-10sq feet of space.
- Submit a Foster Parent Application - We will review your application within 48 hours and let you know if you've been approved to move forward, need more information or are not approved.
- Once your Application is approved for next steps. Sign up for a Virtual Foster Parent Certification Appointment through the Appointment Calendar. We will manually update your appointment with a virtual link. We will let you know if you are approved at the end of our Virtual home visit.
- Depending on your timeline and availability to start fostering. We can discuss our current or upcoming bunnies and guinea pigs in need of a foster family home.
- Schedule an appointment for pick up of your foster(s). You can pick up loaner supplies if we have any available on hand.
- At your pick up appointment you'll sign a Foster Parent Contract for each new foster bunny and/or guinea pig.
- Once you have your fosters at home it's time to care for them and give me a lot of love until they are adopted!
- Keep in touch! - We will email Foster Parents each week for a status report on each foster. Please reach out with questions, for support and to pick up your monthly hay box the first weekend of each month.