How Reservation Works
We try to post as much information as possible to make it easy to track our litters and available rabbits. The process is basically: Preview, Reserve, Adopt
- You can Preview confirmed planned litters of mom and dad bunnies.
- Once a litter is born you can Preview newborn kit photos. And then as we figure out colors, genders and even eye color we update kit/litter information, as well as, individual photos.
- Once babies reach 6 weeks of age we open reservations for individual bunnies. By this point we have triple checked genders, as well as, verified coat and eye color.
- Reservation opens at 10pm PST on reservation day. Reservation date as indicated on the individual litter information.
- Click on the Reserve Button for the baby you are interested in adopting.
- Once you are on the individual rabbit page, you will see information for that particular rabbit.
- Each rabbit will show a birthdate, a reservation date, take home date and shipping date.
- You have the option to select Local Optional Purchases now, prior to adding a rabbit to your cart.
- You can purchase these items later, separately, through the Rabbit Shop.
- Breeders: You can purchase breeding rights/pedigrees during checkout or separately through the Rabbit Shop.
- Indicate a Pick-Up/Delivery Method.
- Answer all the questions as it's indicating, otherwise you will not be able to add the rabbit to your cart.
- Click 'Add to Cart'. Which will add that rabbit to your cart. If you are wanting to purchase another rabbit, you will need to follow the above steps in order to add that rabbit to your cart prior to check out.
- At the top right of your screen you will see your shopping cart. If you've added the rabbit successfully it will show 'Cart (1)' for example. If you hover your mouse over the cart icon you will see a window pop up and show your shopping cart content details.
- Click on the black 'CHECKOUT' icon. This will take you to your check out screen.
- Follow the check out process for your payment method as indicated.
- Once your payment goes through successfully, that rabbit is reserved to you. Only one person can reserve each rabbit. Even if two people have the same rabbit in their cart.
- If your transaction was successful then you were the first person to successfully reserve that bunny. You will get a confirmation email right away. If you don't see it in your inbox be sure to check your spam or junk folders.
- Within 48 hours you will receive a personalized welcome email from us to confirm your details. You will be able to book your pick up date and time after this through our online Appointment Booking.
- For any alternative deliveries, personal flight or cargo shipping we will work with you to arrange specific details.
- Reservations are final and no refunds will be given. Please see our sales policy below for complete information
Please reach out with any questions.
- All sales are conducted in accordance with Shady Grove Rabbitry's Sales Policy, regardless of whether a buyer has read through the policies or not. By completing a reservation or purchase you are agreeing to the sales policies in their entirety. These terms are subject to change without notice.
- We invest a lot and care deeply about our animals. Our goal is for them to be happy in their new homes and we want you to be happy with your new pet. Please spend the time to educate yourself and understand the needs of the animal before purchasing them. We offer a lot of information here on our website in order to begin the process. There are dozens of reputable rabbit websites online as well.
- We cannot guarantee the adult weight of any junior rabbits. Standard Holland Lop adult weights range from 2-4lbs, however, brood does, can weigh around 5lbs resulting in babies that could weigh more than the standard Holland Lop. Mini Plush lops typically weigh 3.5-4lbs. Lionheads tend to weigh right around 3 lbs as adults, does typically smaller. Their fluffy wool often make them look larger. Please refer to our Breeding Does & Bucks page to check sizes of a rabbit's parents.
- To reserve a bunny, full payment including shipping (must be approved prior to reservation), if you are having your bunny shipped, is due at the time of reservation, for alternative payment options it is due within 1 hour of the initial reservation payment. All reservations and sales are final. No refunds will be given for any reason. If an ailment, injury or death occurs while under our care we will allow you to select a replacement bunny at that time or if no bunny is available up to 6 months thereafter. The replacement bunny must be equal to or less than the same adoption price as the original. If you select a replacement bunny that is more than your original adoption price, you are responsible to pay the difference upon reservation of your replacement bunny. We will assist you with the reservation process. Reservation is through the website on the Available Rabbits Page. Please note: If you have any issues with check out or reservation, please contact us through email, here on the website via the contact page, or use the Message Us Button at the bottom right of the screen for live chat. We will manually assist you with the reservation or sales payment. The first person who contacts us for a specific rabbit will have one hour to make the reservation payment, including shipping in full once approved. Alternative payment options are: Venmo or Cash. Any monetary transaction for goods or animals is an acknowledgement of our Sales Policies in their entirety. We reserve the right to cancel any sale at our discretion. If you fail to follow these steps or to make a full payment, make a partial reservation payment and do not correct the payment within 1 hr of the initial reservation or do not pay the appropriate fees for transport within 1 hr of the initial reservation you forfeit your reservation and the bunny will be placed back up for adoption. Prices are subject to change without notice. The sale price is the price indicated on the item. Reservation of a rabbit is how a person holds a rabbit. Until a rabbit is reserved and paid for in full (including all transportation costs) it is available for adoption and considered owned by Shady Grove Rabbitry. Until a rabbit is shipped or picked up by the customer it is considered owned by Shady Grove Rabbitry. Until merchandise is paid for it is available for purchase subject to available inventory.
- Be sure you are ready and committed to welcome your bunny into your family! Reservations cannot be switched to a different bunny once you reserve. Please be committed and firm on your decision.
- Due to biosecurity, we do not transport rabbits from other rabbitries with our rabbits and currently our rabbitry is closed to the public due to Covid and RHD Outbreak in the Pacific Northwest.
- For Juniors (Under 9 weeks of age) - If you need to pick up your bunny on a date after the initial pick up date (as indicated on the litter information), you will be charged a nightly boarding fee of $5 per night for the first 5 nights. After the 5th night, you will be charged our regular boarding fee of $15 per night and $10 extra per night per bun if you adopted more than one rabbit. Payment will be due for the boarding fee before the scheduled pickup date stated next to the litter/kit. If you fail to pick up your bunny on the pickup date or agreed on the pickup date and do not notify us within 24 hours of a new pickup date, the animal will be placed back up for adoption and you will not be refunded.
- For Juniors (Over 9 weeks of age) and Seniors (6+ Months of age). - We will arrange pick up with you to be within 5 days of your payment. If you need to pick up at a later date (more than 5 day from purchase) you will be charged our regular boarding fee of $15 per night and $10 extra per night per bun if you adopted more than one rabbit. Payment will be due for the boarding fee before the scheduled pickup date. If you fail to pick up your bunny on the pickup date or agreed on the pickup date, do not arrange pick up, and do not notify us within 24 hours of a new pickup date, the animal will be placed back up for adoption and you will not be refunded.
- To the best of our knowledge, our animals are healthy at the time of sale. We make no health guarantees. After your rabbit/rabbits leave our care we are not held liable for any physical harm, illness, accidents, or genetic issues of any kind. Please understand that these are live animals and there is always a risk when adopting live animals even when both parents are healthy with no known genetic issues to date. You are welcome to purchase a health certificate for $60 each which will cover a basic external exam. There will still be no health guarantee with the purchase of a health certificate but it gives some families peace of mind. You can purchase a Health Certificate at the time of reservation. Health Certificates are also available to purchase through the Rabbit Shop. We are very experienced in identifying genders but we will not guarantee gender.
- We truly value our animals and if for any reason you can no longer care for your bunny, we will gladly take them back without a refund at our discretion. Due to space limitations, the ongoing worldwide Covid crisis and the newly emerging rabbit Virus we may not always be able to take in a return rabbit. We will direct you to other methods of adoption in these cases to the best of our ability. If you are out of state and would like to return your bunny, you will be responsible for all transport costs to get them back here to Beaverton with the nearest airport being Portland International Airport (PDX).