Mixed Organic Garden Compost - 20lbs
Our Mixed Organic Garden Compost is made from the floof butts right here at Shady Grove. Our bunnies are litterbox trained so we empty the contents of their litterboxes out into our compost, we sweep and shopvac all the bits and pieces up. All of this goes into our compost. All their bedding and deep-cleaned materials also go into our compost.
The wonderful thing about herbivore animals and their poops is that all their waste can be safely put directly into garden beds and planters, vegetable and fruit gardens, and around trees and shrubs without needing to age it out. It will not burn your plants. You can use it indoors or outdoors. You can also use it to add to your current compost pile in order to improve your entire compost for future use. This is what we do too!
We typically have around 200 gallons of compost per week, roughly 27 cubic feet.
Our compost is available in double-lined 20lb bags. $5/20lbs.
Our bunnies and guinea pigs are fed organic food and are without illness.
What's in our organic compost?
- Bunny Poops
- Guinea Pigs Poops
- Bedding Material
- Other organic material
What types of other organic material is mixed in?
- Natural Pine Bedding Material - We use pine shavings and pellets.
- Paper products, like paper bedding and toys
- Hay, grass and spilled pellet food
- Sometimes little wood pieces or cardboard if they chew their toys apart. Like apple sticks.
- Leftover foraging chews
- Hair and Fur - they shed sometimes
What's NOT in our compost?
- Plastic, metal, and similar things that aren't compostable
- Large organic materials - like boxes or big chunks of things.