Bunny deShedding & Nail Trim
Our Standard deShedding Grooming Session Includes:
- Health Check (Body, Ears, Eyes, Teeth, Feet, Nails, Fur, Skin)
- Nail Trim - We trim and evaluate each nail to a nice healthy length. See our nail trim explanations above.
- Full deShedding - Depending on your bunny's coat (condition, type, length, etc) will depend on the proper methods we use to get all the old 'dead' coat out removing the majority of the loose flying fur. Because bunnies blow (shed) from the top of their back down to their back feet and booty area (usually) their coat comes off and grows in with a pattern rather than everywhere all at once. We use a variety of combs and brushes, along with hand plucking and a blow out to deShed the entire coat to the healthiest point possible. This helps keep the flying fur down in your home but it also helps prevent your bunny from ingesting fur that can lead to 'Wool Block'. Wool Block is an intestinal blockage of fur inside the rabbit that can lead to critical health complications requiring surgery to save their life. Rabbits cannot break down fur in their gut and this is what leads to an overabundance of it. There are some preventative measures you can take to keep this from happening and the primary way is by grooming. Secondary measures including supplemental digestion aids that help move and break down hair through their digestive tract, including our Digestive Support Papaya bar.
Standard sessions are 60 minutes.
- Pay for your services. You can pay and book multiple sessions at once. You will receive an automatic receipt via email.
- Book your Spa Session(s) through the Appointment Calendar
- We will review your booked services, and update your appointment with our address and any notes. We will also let you know if your session will last longer than 60 minutes based on your selections and adjust your appointment manually through Google Calendars. You will receive an email update.
- Bring your pet in a travel-safe carrier for Drop Off at their appointment time
- If we need additional with your pet or see any problems that prevent us from completing any of our services we will text - or call - you to let you know.
- Pick up your pet at the end of their session
- Upon pick up we will give you an overview of their session.